At EMDRIA, our goal is to provide our members, and the larger EMDR community, access to cost-effective and high quality continuing education. To this end, we always work to minimize the cost of our Annual Conference, however, in tough economic times, no matter how hard we strive to keep costs down, they will still be prohibitive to some people. We offer scholarships to aid individuals who would otherwise not be able to attend the conference, but we cannot help every person that is in need.
For those of you who are not able to get a scholarship for the EMDRIA Conference, please consider the money-saving attendance tips illustrated in the examples below:
Example 1: Average Attendee
Pre-Conference & Main Conference Member Registration (Registered after Early-Bird Deadline) – $520.00
Airfare (Booked first flight found from Boston to Atlanta) – $279.00
Transportation to & from Airport to the Hotel (Took a Taxi alone) – $60.00 roundtrip
Hotel for four nights (Private room not booked with EMDRIA Discount) – $680.00
Example 2: The Saver
Pre-Conference & Main Conference Member Registration (Registered before Early-Bird Deadline) – $495.00
Airfare (Searched several websites for best fare) – $193.40
Transportation to & from Airport to the Hotel (Took the Link with EMDRIA Discount Code) – $25.00 roundtrip
Hotel for four nights – split with a roommate found on EMDRIA’s website (Booked with EMDRIA Discount) – $318.00
TOTAL SAVINGS: $507.60
While $1031.40 is still not a trivial amount of money, so why should you travel to Atlanta to earn your CEUs at the EMDRIA Conference? Simple:
1. Save time. You would probably have to attend 2-5 other shorter events to earn the 22.5 CEUs offered at the EMDRIA Conference. Most cities do not have events that offer EMDRIA Credits frequently, so you may have to drive to a nearby town (which would increase cost) or wait months for another course.
2. Convenience. The EMDRIA Conference allows you to earn credits for a variety of accrediting agencies all in one place, including APA, NASW, EMDRIA, and many more. What events in your area can say the same?
3. Selection. The EMDRIA Conference allows you to choose from over 51 different sessions, which means you can tailor the Conference to meet your interests and needs.
4. Networking. The EMDRIA Conference is the largest gathering of EMDR professionals in the United States; it provides you with a unique opportunity to network with your EMDR peers and become more active in the EMDR community.
5. The Experience. The experience provided by the EMDRIA Conference is vastly different from any other workshop you could choose to attend. Come to the Conference to attend in the EMDRIA Awards Dinner and the HAP Dance, to explore the latest EMDR books, products and services in the Exhibit Hall, to hear the most timely and relevant speakers, and to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of EMDR.